Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Do I quit my job....to snowboard?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
turbospartan

You're getting to the point where it is now or never. I am 28 and looking back, I wish I would have taken a year between graduating college and starting in the "real" world, to go explore / travel / etc.

Now that I've been working in the "real" world for 6 years, I couldn't just say "F this" and go live in the mountains. I mean, yea I could actually do that but it'd be much harder now that I'm used to making the money and put the years into going to school.... it's just a lot harder to be damn near 30 and be like "yea I quit working for the man so that I could live in the mountains. Now I work at a coffee shop making $5 an hour and eat McD's every night." Obviously that is an exaggeration, but with my degree I will not be able to find a find a job anywhere that isn't a manufacturing area or a HQ for a large company (of which those don't really exist in the mountains, for obvious reasons).

Another option you may have is to start looking for another job. If you can get an offer, tell them that you need to finish a project or some shit with your current company and wouldn't be able to start for a month. Quit your military job, go stay at some mountain for a few weeks and ride every single day, and then start your new job.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote