Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - All mountain/powder friendly board
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeagz View Post
I'd say more powder friendly than powder specific. I want something that floats well and would be fun to ride in powder, but would also want it to ride OK in the crud that you sometimes have to ride through to get to the good stuff. I live on the East coast, but end up taking trips out West 2/3 times a year, so while a regularly encounter good snow, I feel pretty blessed with a few good fresh pow days over the course of a season. Can't really justify buying a pure pow specific board, but I think there is a lot of upgrading I can do vs the TRice in terms of float on those days.
I have a Sherlock for just the purpose you describe, I ride it on soft snow days here in the East (Ontario), and I ride it most of the time when I do trips out west a couple times per year. I can't justify a true powder board. I have a 2nd cambered board for Ice Coast crappy conditions.

I have had several boards with the channel and I really like it. Buy yourself a proper screwdriver to fit the large screws that it uses and tighten firmly, I've not had a problem.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has ridden the sherlock and also true powder specific boards like fish/malolo/barracuda, is there much difference between the sherlock and the true powder boards?
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote