Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Contemplating Stowe Season Pass - good deal?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Default No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangta View Post
So the deadline for the "cheap" Stowe season pass is coming up on the 30th of Oct. For those of you who don't know, Stowe season pass is ~$1650 now, with prices jumping up over $2,000 after Oct 30.

I love Stowe and was about to pull the trigger but was doin the math in my head - I'd have to go to stowe 21 times in order to break even (daily tix can be had online for $79). That's a crazy number of times, considering ill likely go to Jay a handful of times this year too? Is that realistic?

As you guys can probably guess, this would be my first season pass at Stowe. I had no idea they were this expensive!

Am I not thinking about this the right way? Is this a good deal? Maybe 21 times is easily achievable - I've lives in the southwest for the past couple years and haven't been near enough a mountain to consider a season pass in a long time!
NO NO NO! Google Connecticut Ski Council. You don't have to be a skier, you don't have to live in CT. But they offer discounts you won't find anywhere else...like three days at Stowe for $98. They even have a five-day pass for $122. That's an insane deal! The caveat is that you have to go by their calender, but that's not a problem. Every weekend and most weekdays have super-cheap tix to virtually every mountain in VT and several in NH. Killington, Stratton, Jay Peak, Okemo, Mt. Snow. Most tix are $30-40, and they even have them available on usual blackout dates and holidays. The calendar is on their web site. The membership is only $35...pays for itself your first time out. And if you like the whole club thing, they hold frequent parking lot cookouts. You don't have to attend meetings or go on their sponsored trip, but you can if you want. I never have, but some people like to be able to get hammered and pass out on the trip home instead of driving. Check it out. WAY better than spending $1,600 on one mountain!
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote