Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
post #2126 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM
sabatoa
-Weekend Warrior-

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
I guess it depends how you define "intermediate" i didn't see your last laps this year just that one day at Hawk.

The park is mostly box-type features with a few rails and flat bars/etc. which you can obviously avoid or pick a different line. The box-type features in this park tend to be bigger (longer, and they are not really "ride-on") so you want to have good command of a few tricks on boxes long enough to make it to the end

You could of course go through the whole park doing nothing but 50/50 on most of the features but to have more fun you probably want a few more tricks in the bag otherwise it's like "Hey, I'm going to do this sweet line: 50/50 the down rail, 50/50 the flat rail, 50/50 the battleship rail and 50/50 the flat-down bar"
haha, that would make the worst edit ever.

This season I'm working on ollies so we'll see if I can hop onto anything at the end of the season.

Regarding how to define intermediate; yeah good point. It's relative I guess. I gauged it by what I've read snow wolf write here on the forums. I guess I should be fully switch before calling myself "solidly intermediate".

I guess I just mean that I can keep up with good riders at these michigan hills now. I'm not pulling the sweet shit they're doing but I don't think I was slowing anyone down by the end of the season.

'12 NS Legacy 163

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Days on snow 2015/2016 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 16
  • Boyne Mountain: 2
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Nubs Nob: 1
  • Lake Louise: 3