Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #2127 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
I guess it depends how you define "intermediate" i didn't see your last laps this year just that one day at Hawk.

The park is mostly box-type features with a few rails and flat bars/etc. which you can obviously avoid or pick a different line. The box-type features in this park tend to be bigger (longer, and they are not really "ride-on") so you want to have good command of a few tricks on boxes long enough to make it to the end

You could of course go through the whole park doing nothing but 50/50 on most of the features but to have more fun you probably want a few more tricks in the bag otherwise it's like "Hey, I'm going to do this sweet line: 50/50 the down rail, 50/50 the flat rail, 50/50 the battleship rail and 50/50 the flat-down bar"
haha, that would make the worst edit ever.

This season I'm working on ollies so we'll see if I can hop onto anything at the end of the season.

Regarding how to define intermediate; yeah good point. It's relative I guess. I gauged it by what I've read snow wolf write here on the forums. I guess I should be fully switch before calling myself "solidly intermediate".

I guess I just mean that I can keep up with good riders at these michigan hills now. I'm not pulling the sweet shit they're doing but I don't think I was slowing anyone down by the end of the season.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote