Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boot Questions
Thread: Boot Questions
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
MeanJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
You said it: "I just want to go down the hill in comfort"

If your boots are comfortable, stick with them.

A lot of people prefer traditional laces over Boa, Speed lacing etc so don't sweat it, you're not missing out on a lot imo....
Yep, just like arse-holes everyone has an opinion here. Pros/Cons can be made on both sides. At the end of the day, the biggest question is are they comfortable and support the style of riding you want to do.

I've had boots that I think cover it all - traditional lace-ups, speed-laces, dual-zone laces, BOA, and hybrids (lace-up outer, BOA/speed-lace inner). Small trade-offs with each lacing system but none of them have had such huge advantages for me that I'd want to proclaim one as vastly superior over the other. Personal preferences and bias comes into it. You saw that at the shops you visited already.

I do particularly like my current boots which have an inner BOA and traditional outer laces. I like being able to crank down the inner liner when I need to and also simply pop the dial to let off the inner pressure when I go into the bar for some refreshments. When you get in your 40's, it is the little things that start to matter. ;-)
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote