Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boot Questions
Thread: Boot Questions
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackqm View Post
Yeah I wouldn't even bother changing but those boots I have tend to bite my toes (have wide feet) they are good for a half day of fun, but after that the front half of my foot is killing me.
I would focus on boots with two-zone lacing systems... so you can tight the upper laces to lock down your ankle... while leaving the lower laces just snug tight so your toes/instep aren't crushed.

However, before you even start thinking about lacing tech... You should find the brand that has boots that fit your feet the best. Here is a very good starting point.

1. There should be no gaps or pressure points in the store. If your feet feel numb after 10 mins in the store, then it is going to be much worse on the mountain.

2. The boot should actually be slightly awkward to walk it (made for snowboarding, not strutting around the base village).

3. When standing with you knees straight... your toes should be very close to the front of the boot, even barely touching (notice when you bend your knees and ankles as if you were snowboarding... your toes pull back). If you toes curl (making a knuckle)... then the boot is too small.

4. Similarly the boot, when tightened to just snug should feel very cozy, but not uncomfortable. If they feel like slippers, they are too wide/loose. They will pack out a little after use.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote