Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goggle w/ Best Visibility
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Polarized lenses essentially eliminate glare/reflection. If you are on the water boating thats great because you will greatly reduce the reflection of sun off the water. If you are on the mountain boarding its dangerous because you will not be able to see ice patches. You need light to reflect off ice in order for you to clearly be able to see it and a polarized lens essentially kills that ability.
BAH! Can't say I've really ever seen much "ice glare" before I started using polarized goggles. And I used to ride icy Ontario! Not much ice where I ride these days...

I'm happy with my Rose Copper polarized lenses for bright light situations...

What brought me to this thread is I need some new low light goggles and haven't bought in a couple years. I'll probably be buying smith goggles so trying to decide between a couple lenses specifically for highlighting the snow on overcast days.

- Red Sensor Mirror
- Sensor Mirror
- Gold Sensor Mirror
- Gold Lite

To be honest the best low light goggles I've used were a pair of $30 blue blockers (orange lens) I bought about 7 years ago. I'd just like to find a pair of them again!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote