Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton custom x VS Nitro pantera LX
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
SJ10

I've been on a CX 164w for the last couple seasons and rode a Pantera 166w off and on for about 1/2 a season. I haven't been on a pantera lx or a T6 but here's my thoughts...

Both are excellent boards with the CX being slightly more all mountain and the pantera being more freeride. The pantera will be a little more pow friendly and the CX a better jumper.

There are two other things to consider. Look closely at board widths. The pantera has odd waist sizing, and the wide is really wide. The other consideration is binding setup. I like Burton bindings, especially my diode est, so that makes a big difference in my opinion of the CX. You'll want an est or reflex binding with the CX. The Pantera will of course give you more binding options.

The standard Pantera has a different core profile than the LX which is something to consider also, and it is clearly stiffer than the CX.

Both are fast, the ride on the CX is a little more active the Pantera slightly more damp.

I've transitioned to more of an all mountain type rider from a traditional freerider and love the versatility of the CX. I've had dozens of boards over the years and the CX is my favorite to date. That said I'd like to add an LX to my quiver, but I don't see it being my primary board. How's that for a political answer? Tis the season I guess...

Last edited by SJ10; 10-29-2012 at 06:14 PM.
SJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote