Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thirtytwo heel hold kit
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nito

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
see the black circle on the liner's in the above pic...the butterfly is almost placed in the right spot in the above pic...that is where you paste the butterfly...then it wraps around the back to the other circle on the other side of the liner. Then if you need more pinch add the c or j bar on top of that...followed by covering it all with tape so that it doesn't rip off when putting the liner back in the boot. I don't know how much clearer it could be. perhaps try it with out peeling the backing of the sticky and just tape it on with some scotch tape...take some pics and post it up
Wrath is correct.

But before you do this; Are you adding any kind of footbed or heel lift to the liner? If yes, especially a heel lift; put the liner on first to confirm where your ankle bone is. It should sit inside the dark C of the boot liner.

The C shape (of the butterfly and C) are made to go around the ankle bone. Otherwise, you are creating a pressure point.

I've got a high instep and a high arch and need a heel lift to fit my boot. It also pulls my foot back, so I can fit into my correct boot size (instead of sizing up). It is counter intuitive but it worked for me and I'm not going to question the boot fitter.
Nito is offline   Reply With Quote