Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TR: Cameron Pass
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Yeah sorry about the wanker planker pics. I'm the one rocking the DSLR and everyone I was with were rocking skis. Hence the ski pics. I do have some POV footy that I need to edit. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do it by the end of the week.

The hike in according to the guide book is about 2 miles. Which seems correct. The vertical climbed isn't huge. Maybe 1400 vertical feet? The peak elevation is just over 11,700ft. We got to our first drop in under 2 hours. In mid season shape, it probably takes just over an hour to get to the top of South Diamond.

This biggest problem with the area is avalanche danger. It's pretty serious in that area. Right now the snow hasn't slabbed up, so the risk of it propagating is pretty low. In a few weeks, it's probably going to be fairly suicidal to be up on the Diamond. Generally speaking it's early season and late season only on that Peak. It's taken quite a few lives over the years.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote