Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #2128 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Default Thinking about my vacation trip options for Jan.

Hey Guy's,

1st thing, Thanks DaveZ & Sabatoa, for the info on misfits. You saved me wasting time & gas money! (...Oh yeah, Haven't seen anything from Leo in a while? Anyone know if every things alright with him? )

2nd.
I am hoping that I can put together the money to take a trip to Big Sky for my vacation. At the moment, it's "iffy". Want to ride at least 4 days! Flights seem to b around $450-$600. 4 days-5 nights lodging in a decent room, close to/on the mountain, anywhere from $5-600 to $1000. (package prices so lift tickets included) Then of course all the misc. expenses,.. food, drinks, ...condoms!

Anyway, not sure if it will come together like I hope, but if it doesn't, I was wondering if you guy's here had any recommendations for trips closer to home! some places I could hit with a rental car & say 1/2 to 2/3rds day drive.

I would like to hit a place with some elevation. Some nice terrain, longer runs,.. not the 2-3 min. down, 10-15 min. back on the lift, repeat! repeat!

The only one that I'm aware of like that that is relatively nearby, is Luetsen, MN. Pretty sure that's at least a full day's drive from SE MI. if not a lot more with weather & roads!

Anybody got some recommendations for an alternative trip? without one I'll probably just split what I've saved for a couple extra trips up to Boyne.
TIA.

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote