Originally Posted by sabatoa
If you have a passport you can get to Killington
in 11 hours going through Ontario. They have 3000 vert.
Depends how much vert you're looking for... Lutsen is like 14 hours away you've got better options than that
- Seven Springs in PA has 760ft vert and you can make it there in 6 hours tops I think.
- I think you can get to Whiteface NY in 6 or 7 hours, they have over 3,400' vert which is the longest vertical in the East coast.
- Snowshoe WV is about a 7-8 hour drive IIRC and they have 1500' vertical. They may be opening as early as this weekend thanks to Sandie.
- Otherwise you are stuck going the distance to VT (~3,000) which like Sabatoa says is easily 11 hours through Canada if the borders are clear.
- Mont Tremblant/Mont Saint Anne/etc., (~2,000+) up around Montreal are also within the 11hr range.