Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First Time Poster-trying not to start a riot...
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cycle4Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Which Flow bindings were you able to try last year with the toe cap?
I don't remember much since it was a year ago, but what I do remember is that they didn't so much have a "cap" as it had the lower part of the strap going nearly over your toe region. Looking at Flow's current line-up I want to say they were the Flight 2s. Though even the NX2-AT and NX2-RS have the same basic design.

I found that the toe strap on the Gnu's gave me the perceived feeling of better torsional control than the over the toe thingy on the Flow's that were available in the shop. I've never been able to actually demo the Flow's so that in store torsional test feeling is all I had to base a decision on.

It was also easier to get in and out of the Gnu Mutants than the Flows with my boots. That was a secondary, though important part of my decision. As little wait time at the top of the hill is important to my fiance and thus very important to me.

Key things were:
1. Picking my boot
2. Choosing a style of binding (Fast entry so that I can ride w/ no complaints)
3. Trying the available things out in the store
4. Spending the money on quality boots and bindings to last me while buying an entry level board that I sold when I upgraded to a N.S. SL (after demoing many boards) after the season was over.

I'm a big fan of trying things out when it comes to comfort and performance. I'm also a big fan of supporting your local store and the shop owner who knows a hell of a lot more about snowboarding and snowboarding equipment than you.
Cycle4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote