Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - BC Roadtrip
Thread: BC Roadtrip
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
RagJuice Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
You are going at the right time of year. Got proper snow/winter tires?

Make a flexible plan, if you get stuck somewhere stay put and shred!
We're hoping/presuming the rental company will have it properly kitted out for the time of year.

Yeah, we're not going to set a day-to-day schedule that's set in stone, more just an rough plan to aim for and places we want to go. The only dates we have to keep are the first and last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Will you adopt me?
I'm not kiddin', I have no family.

TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
My guess is that after a few months in BC you will be much better and both be able to ride a lot of terrain at any resort.
Thanks for all of that. As I said to grafta, we're not going to have things to set in stone and will (hopefully) be able to follow the snow to some extent and be able to stay longer/shorter in places as we choose (it's one of the reasons for going with an RV instead of buses/hostels). Your last point I quoted is a good one - we'll learn more in the lead up to it about what we want. Thanks! EDIT: I actually read your post wrong and thought you meant we'd have a better idea of what the other places are like and where we'd like to go! Still, my response still applies and what you said is still relevant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Just looking at the route I'd be tempted to Go Whistler to Kelowna, to Revelstoke, to Kicking Horse, and then depending on who's getting better snow, either head south to Fernie and Castle (with a stop at the Lussier Hot springs on the way!), or head east to Lake Louise and Sunshine.

For must see resorts Fernie is great if it's puking or has puked snow (if it's puking the bowls will likely be closed) but it can also get a lot of rain.

I prefer Lake Louise to Sunshine, but if I was making a trip across the province I'd do both just to say I'd done it, and then go back to whichever resort I preferred.

Other than that I'd let the snow tell you where to go!

snowseekers.ca has a daily/48hr/weekly snowfall total list so you can keep track of who's getting dumped on... I'd rather board at one resort for a week with amazing snow than tour all over with lackluster snow.

I wouldn't say three weeks is too little to do all that. Once you're in Revelstoke all the resorts are 1.5 hrs or less away. I remember doing an east coast trip a few years ago where we did three resorts in 5 days, and another on the way home.

By Kewlona do you mean Big White? Is it that good?

Last edited by RagJuice Crew; 10-30-2012 at 04:58 PM.
RagJuice Crew is offline   Reply With Quote