Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - BC Roadtrip
Thread: BC Roadtrip
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fry

Well I'm a local in Calgary but my ski pass is for Kicking Horse.. thats how amazing that hill is. Having said that, its pretty dull if you're not up to riding the black runs and chutes off the ridge, which will be steeper than anything you've ever seen before (and some double blacks can be dangerous if it goes wrong).
Revvi is probably a better bet, its so huge you can always find powder and the terrain always has an easy route. stick up near the ripper chair and you'll have great fun.
Fernie is hit & miss, when it snows it really snows and its just awesome, but being so low it tends to be the first to thaw/freeze and ice up.

Lake Louise is more of a 'family' hill, and busy with all the Calgary locals. its fun over the back side (do not bother with the front), and is very beginner/intermediate friendly. try to hit it mid week before the whole of Calgary hits at the weekend.
Sunshine is the same, higher up so usually better snow, but there are lots of flat spots that get annoying.

So I'd say get out somewhere around Revvi and then just follow the snow. And yes I think your trying to hit too many resorts, just relax and go where the snow takes you.
Fry is offline   Reply With Quote