Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Board - Jones, K2, or ??
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
iNeedPow

Default Ultra VS Peace

I'm having the same dilema (which you seemed to pull the trigger on, and think you'll be stoked regardless), but I I've narrowed it down to the Ultra and Peacekeeper. The Peacekeeper is 1 inch set back and a smaller tail profile, Ultra being 3/4 inch with almost identical tail profile to the nose. The one big difference that is holding me back on snagging an Ultra, is that they didn't put an ollie-bar in it, but they DID in the Peacekeeper... which I think is counter-intuitive due to the fact the Ultra is more freestyle-pow oriented- hence more creating your own air, popping, eccetera. You'd think they're more "freestyle oriented pow deck" would include the ollie bar. I've just heard such amazing reviews from friends about the ollie bar in the Fastplant, it's hard for me to steer towards the board without it. BUT, what do I know. haven't tried either.

Other than that, I think they'll both be great boards. As a person who rides pow mostly via lift access and gates, with some shorter hikes to side country, which would YOU (whoever) recommend? Lets be honest hear, when it comes to riding switch, I'm not doing it a ton in pow... with the hopes of a buttery pow 180 here and there, or maybe a cliff drop 1. But that's not all that important to me as I could always take out my all-mtn board when im feelin more 'freestyley." I've been recomended the Ultra, but do I really need a true twin? Will it ride that much better on piste as well..?
iNeedPow is offline   Reply With Quote