Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on my purchase
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBuer View Post
Anyone else over the manufacturer suggested weight? or should I look for a board for my weight based on the manufacturer's suggested weight?
Pretty much nobody makes boards specifically for bigger riders they all say like "185+" or "200+" but even then they're sticking you on a 162 or bigger usually and although that's fine if you're sticking to groomers or pow, if you plan on riding in the park at all you'll find that's gonna be too long for you to jib, butter, spin, etc.

I push 210-215 lbs usually and generally I am comfortable on ANY board down to like 156 and sometimes 155 depending on the board. I rode a noodly 156 most of last season, and my other boards i'll be riding this year are 156 and a 157 midwide. Pretty sure I exceed the recommended weight on all of them.

Only thing really to consider is that the heavier and/or stronger you are, the board will flex a little differently for you, it will probably ride a shade softer than it's rated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBuer View Post
Am I over thinking this shit at this point?
Probably.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote