Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Board - Jones, K2, or ??
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
BFBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post
Yeah the ultra dream seems to be very in line with my current gyrator, burton juice wagon, or other powder twin.

The peacekeeper seems like an awesome option as well if you want more of the jones "point it and go" attitude. I do love the nose on it.
very few reviews on the peacekeeper----

This was posted yesterday on OUTSIDE magazines 2013 gear guide regarding the ultra:

BEST FOR: Laid-back powder surfers who don’t want to work too hard.

THE TEST: Beginners will love the Ultra Dream because of its stable profile (flat between the bindings and rocker at the tip and tail) and forgiving flex. Plus, a set-back stance creates a shorter tail, making turns easy to engage. The Ultra Dream surfed everything from a dusting to a one-foot dump, and it’s no slouch cruising groomers. “It held an exceptional edge, and its switch-riding ability surprised me,” one tester noted. Bummer: our most aggressive freeriders found themselves sketched out on icy steeps—its response and hold aren’t that finely tuned.

THE VERDICT: A great powder board for beginners or intermediates looking for an easy-riding, confidence-inspiring board.

Response: 4
Versatility: 3

Video Review on the Ultra at dogfunk.com = an 155lb guy calls the 158 "skatey, buttery, and playful"

K2 Ultra Dream - YouTube

Maybe that helps..Maybe it add to the confusion.
BFBF is offline   Reply With Quote