Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Whistler in February

3K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  timmytard 
#1 ·
1st time Canadian trip
looking for help and hookups while Im there,
dont want to eat dodgy food etc
Be my friend if you want to, free beer ...
where should i stay, its a solo trip
send me a message or post on here
Jack

#4 ·
Well it looks like you guys got a little Ménage à trois goin' on there.:laugh:

I wonder who's gonna end up being lucky Pierre?:dunno:

TT

Well that doesn't work, 2 of you are the same guy.

#5 ·
There's another thread on this already. I wouldn't expect any hookups while you're there. Whistler is a finely tuned money making machine. As for food, expect it to be over priced, mediocre (you may get good food, but everything is pretty inconsistent there) and to get poor service. Do make your way out to the Harmony/Symphony area of the Mt. If the snow is good you may also want to make the trip down the peak to creek. If it hasn't snowed in a while think twice as it becomes a mile long mogul field.

#7 ·
Thanks for the heads up.

I rarely buy Mtn food other than a beer or seven. So thats not a problem.

Anybody been up there during that time? I know the weather is hit or miss at that time, generally colder.....but how is the snow....if it does snow. I have heard good and bad.

#8 ·
Having no idea what your budgets are or expectations ill just throw out a few different things that I like and dont.

Trust me on this one. Go to Quatro (very nice restaurant), and order the best thing on the menu which also happens to be the cheapest. I think its $18. Its called Spaghetti Quatro. Tax tip and a glass of wine and you will have a good dinner in a nice place for $30 bucks. Not sure what your budget is, but all things considered its very good value for a great meal in a very nice place.

I would compare the dinner to what people describe crack to be like (without the nasty side effects).

Another recommendation for food would be the Nachos at the Fairmont. Great place for an apres board beer, and the Nachos are the best in town...with again, a nice place to sit and hang out. All the food in all the pubs is shite, or at least the equivalent to pup food anywhere.

Stay away from Araxis in the viliage. Looks tempting from the outside with location, and nice decor etc, but its nothing more then the Olive Garden for quality.

Fuck the Bearfoot Bestro.

Get an edge card if you are going to buy anythings as it gives you 20% of full priced items in whistler owned stores (i.e. Showcase). Great if you want to buy anything from this year thats not on sale. This might be for locals only, but im not sure.

Best Steak: Hys, Grill Room (Fairmont) with the edge going to the fairmont for food, but edge for Hys on atmosphere

Best all around place to eat with no budget in mind is Rim Rock.

IMO all the local whistler beer is balls, so save your money there...still better then any 'mercian beer though cuz at least its 5% and doesnt take like a bums nut sack if its not so cold it freezes your taste buds. :cheeky4:

Best place for a pint of Guiness: The Dubh Linn Gate

#10 ·
Having no idea what your budgets are or expectations ill just throw out a few different things that I like and dont.

Trust me on this one. Go to Quatro (very nice restaurant), and order the best thing on the menu which also happens to be the cheapest. I think its $18. Its called Spaghetti Quatro. Tax tip and a glass of wine and you will have a good dinner in a nice place for $30 bucks. Not sure what your budget is, but all things considered its very good value for a great meal in a very nice place.

I would compare the dinner to what people describe crack to be like (without the nasty side effects).

Another recommendation for food would be the Nachos at the Fairmont. Great place for an apres board beer, and the Nachos are the best in town...with again, a nice place to sit and hang out. All the food in all the pubs is shite, or at least the equivalent to pup food anywhere.

Stay away from Araxis in the viliage. Looks tempting from the outside with location, and nice decor etc, but its nothing more then the Olive Garden for quality.

Fuck the Bearfoot Bestro.

Get an edge card if you are going to buy anythings as it gives you 20% of full priced items in whistler owned stores (i.e. Showcase). Great if you want to buy anything from this year thats not on sale. This might be for locals only, but im not sure.

Best Steak: Hys, Grill Room (Fairmont) with the edge going to the fairmont for food, but edge for Hys on atmosphere

Best all around place to eat with no budget in mind is Rim Rock.

IMO all the local whistler beer is balls, so save your money there...still better then any 'mercian beer though cuz at least its 5% and doesnt take like a bums nut sack if its not so cold it freezes your taste buds. :cheeky4:

Best place for a pint of Guiness: The Dubh Linn Gate
Da' fuq you talking about? You really should try craft american beers before making comments like that.

PS Bud is now Belgium and Coors is Canadian so there really aren't any 'merican beers left :p

#9 ·
I wasn't referring to Mt food. I was referring to the "Whistler/Blackcomb experience". Basically Whistler and Whistler Village are setup just like an ammusment park where the main goal is to extract as much cash from you as possible while tricking you into thinking they'er doing you a service :p

#18 ·
It sounds like your not interested?

I guess you haven't seen the belt? Oh, she's a beauty, big, shiny & gold, I want it so bad.

Really I just want to stand on the table, shoutin' "Who wants a shot @ the title"

TT

#20 ·
I know, it's true. I'm ashamed.

You can't puke it up though you gotta hold it down, so the trick is to just open your troat & pour it straight down your gullet like you were pouring a pint.

I've seen people get dq-ed for puking & spilling to much on your face & not drinking enough of it.

Both times a different guy won, both times I stood in horror & watched the winner simply, calmly, pour it down his throat.

I can't even do that with water.:dunno:

TT

Maybe I'll have to borrow someones hard boot setup.
Apparently, it wouldn't even be close, then & I'll be able to have a butt with my beer as everyone else strolls in.

#26 ·
whistler in Feb, Food,Drink and meet

Guys and Girls
this thread was about where to eat, drink coffee/ breakfast or meet up.
Not about beer and breweries, I don't drink and Ride, so beer on the mtn isnt a problem, i drink cider mostly anyway, and would always be after a day on the mtn, thanks to those who have shared where to get pasta/steak etc
my budget is pretty good, as i'm a fulltime council worker. if people are going to be in town at that time PM me, see if we can meet up, please keep a positive spin on this thread please
jack

#27 ·
Guys and Girls
this thread was about where to eat, drink coffee/ breakfast or meet up.
Not about beer and breweries, I don't drink and Ride, so beer on the mtn isnt a problem, i drink cider mostly anyway, and would always be after a day on the mtn, thanks to those who have shared where to get pasta/steak etc
my budget is pretty good, as i'm a fulltime council worker. if people are going to be in town at that time PM me, see if we can meet up, please keep a positive spin on this thread please
jack
If & when I make it to Whistler I'll be pm'n everybody up there.

It's always more fun with a crew.

TT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.