Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #2150 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
Chomps a lot of those places I mentioned wouldn't be worthwhile to fly to because they're in hard-to-reach cities without a major airport/hub ...

On a related note, I wish there was a bridge or a teleporation machine that would whisk you over Lake Michigan,.. Can you imagine a 4hr drive to Green Bay instead of 8 hours???
Oh, No. That stuff about flights was concerning Big Sky, or anywhere else I might consider out west. Right now the flights are $450-$500. for flights 2 months away. Book 'em within a month or 2 weeks and NOW,.. they're $900-$1200!!! for the same shitty 3 layover-12hour trip!!!

Never understood that?? If They haven't sold the seat 3 days before the flight, You'd think they'd give you a "Discount" to get it sold!! NOT Jack the price HIGHER!! Oh Well! Also, a lot of the "Stay & Ski" lodging package deals require booking well in advance! Not as many, or as good deals once the trip date gets close!

Yeah,.. Even a Ferry might cut 3-4-5 hours off that drive,.. But I'd have to be absolutely sure of the weather before heading out into Lake MI. for a Long ferry ride!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 11-01-2012 at 10:19 AM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote