Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New board to fill a gap
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sassicaia
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default New board to fill a gap

Last year i learned that if you board a lot you need more then one depending on the snow and type of boarding you need to do. I also learned the limitation of my board.

I'm a freeride boarder that spends 0 time in the park. Ill sometimes hike for powder and wont shy away from much in terms of snow conditions.

I currently ride a Burton Mystery which is a rocker camber hybrid that is lots of fun and great when im fooling around, jumping, in powder or taking it easy when out with my GF. The limitation of that board becomes apparent when charging, or doing serious carves. I want something that I can freeride on which can handle most snow conditions, goes fast, is great for carving, has decent dampening and can handle tree runs, so its has to have decent transition ability. I have narrowed it down to a few based on reading alone, but would like some feedback if possible from people who have gone after the same thing, or if I should look at it from a different perspective completely.

Here is what's on my list:
Jones Carbon Flagship
Burton Vapor
Burton Custom X
Never Summer Cobra

Thoughts?
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote