Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My car was just totaled - Advice on AWD Cars
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
NewbALewb

I live in Oklahoma. Its sooo funny that you mention Seattle, a car salesman called me today, because he is keeping me on some hotlist for used subaru's that come in, and I told him " If i lived in Seattle, or Colorado then i would have no problems finding a subaru" but its sad to say that subaru's are extremely rare in Oklahoma. Today was a very rare day indeed, I saw 6 subaru outbacks today, thats literally more subarus than i have seen in the past 3 months.

I was also reading, correct me if im wrong, that the older 2.5l subaru non turbo engines were the ones having head gasket problems. 2005, and older.

I might be going to pick up a 2008 legacy limited next week if all goes well " and i can actually get a day off of work to get look at it" but im not really sure if i want it because it is a automatic. I have been reading that the automatics are really bad.

Another question i have is if I took a non turbo surbaru to colorado, how sluggish will the engine be? I was reading that in higher elevation non turbo cars lose a third of their horsepower.. Should I be worried ?
NewbALewb is offline   Reply With Quote