Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ride DH2 or Never Summer Proto Ct
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
Cheers mate, appreciate the feedback. Yeah definitely not in the mindset of that by simply getting a new stick I'm going to be instantly better, that's just not how life works.

As for the whole change of directions thing, don't think I made myself clear, that was more in reference to riding outside the park, because like you said, you shouldn't need to change directions too much in the park. Basically what I'm looking for in the board is something that is going to be a little more responsive outside of the park then the evo, but still allowing me to progress in the park.
If you definitely going to buy a new board a Proto CT is going to be more responsive than the Evo (I've ridden a lot of Never Summer's line up) while still an ideal board for the park. A SL is going to be burlier and more damp (won't quite feel as snappy) - get that if you are going fast down groomers - and prefer pipe/jumps to boxs/rails.

That's not to say there aren't a dozen other boards out there that would also be good. I haven't ridden the Ride DH so I can't comment on it.

Use the search function for this as you are asking an extremely common question (there are literally thousands of posts on this very question).

I appreciate that it is harder to get access to boards in Australia, but every resort probably has some type of demo shop where you can try 2-3 boards a day for a fee. I think that's going to be your best bet if you still can't decide after reading the thousands of posts on this forum.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-01-2012 at 09:04 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote