Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Longer boards for riding pow?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #69 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
Quick question and update.....Ive been in contact with Prior and had quite a few emails back and forth. Basically they have said the Spearhead is the best choice as its already wide enough, the Fissile would have to be made wider at a cost of $150.

ANYWAYS, the person i spoke to said i should really be looking at the 172cm and NOT the 178cm as it is quite a substantial step up from my current 165 and previous 169. They said i might find it hard to adjust to the big step up in length. They know my height and weight.

So i thought i would get your thoughts on this, what do you guys reckon?
Is the only reason they said 172 because of the substantial step up?

You're a monster, I had a Never Summer Legacy 174W, usually rode about a 162 @ the time. It took all of 30 seconds to get used to. I weigh in @ about 170-80lbs, just under 6 feet & I rock a pair of size 9 boots.

The jump you'll be doing isn't as bad as a regular width 162 to a 174W, & I didn't have any problems.

You're like 12 feet tall & 400lbs, I don't think your going have any trouble getting used to & throwing around a 178.

If you owned a 169, the 172 will feel pretty much the same.

What else do you have in your quiver?

This is for powder right?

TT

So, no luck with the $375 Prior?
I was hoping you were going to want me to grab it for you.
There is a board there I wouldn't mind grabbing, but can't justify the drive.
But.... If I'm already there, then I might just have to @ least check it out.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is online now   Reply With Quote