Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Lessons
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle4Fun View Post
You want lessons. It will make sure you don't start learning bad habits. A good foundation of skill will let you learn everything else at a faster pace. Yes it costs money, but think how much money you've already spent on gear and will spend in the future on travel and lift tickets. One or two lessons will improve your skill dramatically.

You want a private/near private lesson. You'll get individual attention and progress faster. The instructor also won't spend most of his time with one person who can hardly stand up. My first lesson was like that. To get that private lesson at a group rate, take a lesson in the middle of the day in the middle of the week.

For the best private lesson do what I did at Killington. Talk to some locals at the mountain you're going to go to. If you don't know a local, call a snowboard shop in the town. Ask to get a lesson from the person they recommend. I asked a Killington local on this forum who got me a personal lesson with an outstanding instructor. She was also cute. The private lesson was worth every penny.

I learned to snowboard last year. First lesson was a group wash. Second group lesson was a "private" lesson and had me linking turns. Last private lesson at the end of the year tweaked my form which I didn't even realize I was doing wrong and had me doing true carves and true dynamic skidded turns.

My goals this year: dynamic carved turns and dynamic switch skidded turns.
Now THAT looks like proper skill devopment and progression of the sport, props man. Its not the " omg I've been boarding 4 times and I can carve perfectly and hit every box in the park with mad steeze and throw back 3s. Guys how much of a bad ass am I! I wanna get sponsored next year, how do I make tons of money while not having to work hard or know anything". <----typical narrative of someone explaining their progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants

Last edited by IdahoFreshies; 11-02-2012 at 10:31 AM.
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote