Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New board to fill a gap
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Sassicaia
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Let me explain something about the price issue. IMO snowboarding is a very inexpensive sport compared to most. Its cheap to buy a pass, cheap to get entry level equipment and cheap relative to entry level prices to get into the "ultra high end". We are talking about $1200 for the most expensive board. My driver and woods cost more then that in my golf bag. Know anyone into cars? My local mountain seasons pass is $700 and Ill board 50+ times this year so what ever I buy will get its use.

If the top end board was $5000 then yes, id care, but when the difference between mid level and the most expensive is less then $500 bucks...i don't worry about it. Its not like mountain biking where you can go from $500 bucks to buy a entry bike up to $5k 10k 15k very easily to get into the high end.

My ultimate goal is to get the best ride possible ride for my style. I put some value in the look, story, brand, warranty etc.

If it was unanimous that the Custom X was a better board over the Vapor for my ability and riding style id buy the X, if it was reversed id buy the Vapor. If it was the same I would pay more for the vapor if I liked the look of it better and liked the fact it weighed less.

If everyone said the Vapor and Custom X are balls and the Jones was what I needed id buy that. What im hearing is that the Custom X is it, and something very similar but lighter would be the Vapor. There are some other suggestions (which I appreciate), but i sort of want to narrow my list not expand it unless there was a board that was universally agreed on that I should look it.

To the guy that made the eurocarving comment...im not 100% sure if that was directed at me or not, but if it was eat a bag of dicks.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote