Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hitch Mount Bike/Snowboard Rack?...
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
I would just go with the Yakima aftermarket roof rack, but then I would need another rack accessory for snowboards, and then another rack for bikes. No way am I wrestling my mtb on to the roof of my FJ.

That said, the stock rack is ok but you still have to add another rack on top of it to actually hold anything. Get's really tall in a hurry and still doesn't accomodate bikes. That, and I don't like the looks of the stock baja rack.

So, I got the off-road package with suspension and locking rear diff but I skipped the rack and rock bars.

In any event, Yakima and Thule both make nice bike racks with an additional attachment for snowboards. They are just a little expensive. Although cheaper than a roof rack and attachement just for boards. Probably going to go with something like this:

Yakima

Thule
Yea we have the A-trac and locking diff on our 2007(6sp manual), the stock rock rails aren't great anyways get something like the Demello off road ones.

I'll be investing in some Ricochet armor plating for the under body(stock skid plates are a joke) so we can head down to Moab on weekends for a little off roading and camping.

Also would love a new tubular steel real offroad front bumper with a hitch mount so I can have the option of throwing a winch in the for easy front\rear mounting when the situation requires.

I'm assuming you already know about to FJ forum
Toyota FJ Cruiser Community - Active Topics

Super active and very helpful

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 11-02-2012 at 01:03 PM.
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote