Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rusty edges on long road trips
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Ninja View Post
Hmmm that might just work. On the subject of wax I got a "powder board" this year and I'm wondering what wax I should get specifically for it and riding powder. Any suggestions? Also, if I wax my boards before my trip do you think the salted roads and nasty water spray etc. will effect the wax job? I rather not have to bring my tuning kit and try to wax my boards in a hotel or something... but if thats what I gotta do thats what I will do lol. Ever since I started waxing my boards myself I hate to ride on anything but freshly waxed boards. Its probably all in my head but it just seems better.
I guess there's no way to get a hard case for the top of the car eh? Even a cheap board bag or something. I'd hate to have my board up there collecting all the shit off the road!

That said I frequently wax my boards on a trip. Sort of gets me in the mood first night I'm there. I usually do it over a towel so I can throw the scrapings out, or borrow a vac or something to clean up. Only takes 30 mins a board to wax, at the most, so not a big time killer...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote