Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rusty edges on long road trips
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Ninja View Post
Hmmm that might just work. On the subject of wax I got a "powder board" this year and I'm wondering what wax I should get specifically for it and riding powder. Any suggestions? Also, if I wax my boards before my trip do you think the salted roads and nasty water spray etc. will effect the wax job? I rather not have to bring my tuning kit and try to wax my boards in a hotel or something... but if thats what I gotta do thats what I will do lol. Ever since I started waxing my boards myself I hate to ride on anything but freshly waxed boards. Its probably all in my head but it just seems better.
Wax for powder board really depends on where you are riding powder. If you are riding in Quebec where it can be very cool (-20 F or colder) than cold wax. Riding warmer area like Lake Tahoe where the powder can be wet use warm/all-temp wax. All-temp wax is probably your safest bet.

No, water/salt will not affect a wax job... actually if you are going to wax your board right before the trip, just wax a thick layer on the base and (you still might need to rub the side edges) and only bring your scrapper. When you get to the resort, scrap the board and you should be good to go (since any water that was sprayed on the drive is being scrapped off anyways). On the way back, crayon the edges with wax.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote