Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:01 AM   #806 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
Just looked at that thread out of interest and it seems pretty clear from the emails that the SL and the heritage have symmetrical sidecuts and the inserts have a 0.5 inch setback for slightly better carving/float.

The video you posted (from NS) states the opposite that the sidecut is setback on those two boards

Which one is it.
Exactly, that is the question.

However, I have reservations about the customer service response:
  1. It is simply ambiguous. 'Symmetrical' could mean symmetrical with respect to the inserts. Or it could mean symmetrical/centered along the length of board. Two different things. Heck, it could mean even more things - like that the sidecuts are not off-set against each other (like the old Burton boards), etc.
  2. NS customer service, while really good about responding quickly, has a history of pretty poorly informed statements. For instance, they tried to tell me that my weight did not matter for board sizing and that I should go by height (the old bullshit about board length between nose and chin) and/or the same length as my existing board (really, even if it is an old-fashioned camber stick? Me thinks not...). I have more faith in Gags getting his facts correct...

Last edited by hktrdr; 11-03-2012 at 06:04 AM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote