Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - n00b "which board" thread (be gentle)
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Planet Boulder
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default n00b "which board" thread (be gentle)

Okay, I'm a n00b, but I'll try to provide as much info as possible.

I prefer an all-mountain board. I'm about 90% mountain, 10% park and I mainly do small booters and rails in the park.

I'm 5'10", 197 lbs and I started riding in the late 90s, but took a few years off in the mid 2000s. Just started back up a couple of years ago, fortunately and bizarrely, with little loss of skill, save for maybe some landings.

I mainly ride Summit County (A-Basin and Keystone) and Eldora (season pass). Haven't bought a new board in YEARS - still riding my trusty old 158 Ride Timeless (so I prefer a stiff, all mountain board).

The dude at the shop in Boulder narrowed it down to the following for me, given what I stated above:

Forum Holy Moly
Ride Machete
Jones Mountain Twin
Salomon Man's board

All were 158 or 159 and he chose those because he thought camber or hybrid camber was best for me.

I've done some searches here and some research elsewhere and, to me, it seems like the Forum is more of a park board? I'm definitely open to other suggestions.

Anyway, if I've missed anything, please tell me and I'll provide. I'm a schmucky n00b, so I expect I left out some crucial info somewhere.
Planet Boulder is offline   Reply With Quote