Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - n00b "which board" thread (be gentle)
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Planet Boulder
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
your riding history is pretty similar to mine with the hiatus in the early 2000s and getting back in to it later in life (except you ride bigger mountains) and you're about the same size so FWIW here's my take:

Machete is probably softer than you want if you're interested in keeping a relatively stiff board. Ditto that for the Holy Moly (if you're talking about this year's HM II; I didn't ride prior year's Holy Moly) although that one feels a bit stiffer underfoot than the Machete. Did not ride the Jones. The Man's board might be what you're looking for out of this bunch although I would not really consider it a rails board it will be plenty fine for you on jumps.
This board is definitely a strong all-mountain bordering on the slackcountry freeride side. This board is going to work best for someone who wants a fast, stable, predictable cambered board (so yeah I mean old guys over 30) to go fast, hit natural terrain, cliff/rock drops, etc. Upper-intermediate to advanced all-mountain riders only, the Manís Board is too much board for beginners.
That's my summary but here's the full review if interested. I should have a review of the Machete posted already not sure if I've written the Holy Moly review yet though.
Appreciate the good advice, man. So, out of curiosity, is there a Ride model that would suit my needs more? How about a Forum model?
Planet Boulder is offline   Reply With Quote