Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Utah or Colorado ?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by beehive View Post
Guys, need small help here ..

I'm a European, and I'm planning a riding trip to US this winter. I'd like to stay there for two months, or so. Have few friends in two locations. One is Park city in Utah and second one is Colorado.

I know both states from various SNB/freeski movies, but I'm not familiar with locations there, so which one is better, if it's possible to compare. Friend of mine told me to go to Colorado, he said it's a nobrainer, but I'd like to hear more opinions on this mainly from locals or people who have been to both 'places'

Thanks !

/ beehive
One month or thereabouts in each locale . You might start with CO (closest) when coming from Europe. Hope your friends live in the mountains, not in Denver. If they're in Denver, then spend more time in SLC. The city is much closer to its resorts than Denver. You can ride the ski shuttle from town to the slopes - free if you have a season pass. Be sure and buy an Epic Pass in CO. It pays for itself in like a week of riding.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!