Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Toddler boots
Thread: Toddler boots
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
MikeIn248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
That doesn't look like a snowboard boot to me, just a winter boot. You should get snowboad specific boots.
Could you provide a list of manufacturers who make snowboard boots in the size the original poster is asking about -- toddler 8/9?

I did some searching along these lines a few years back and found the same thing -- toddler 11 is the smallest I could find.

My kid, who's switching to snowboard this year, is 13C so it turned out to be a non-issue for us, but when I tried to buy from local shops I got the "size 2 is the smallest we carry" line (or the smallest that brand makes). Just stuff them with socks and you'll get 3-4 years out of the boots! (Think how much you're saving!) No. I want boots that fit better than that. I'd also go with non-snowboard boots that fit.

Kamik makes some nice sturdy winter boots for kids. They're a bit pricier than the ones you found, though. REI usually carries a couple models. (And sells them at half off in the spring. I bought several sizes ahead this spring on sale. That won't help you this year, but it might be helpful to know.)

Last edited by MikeIn248; 11-04-2012 at 09:17 AM.
MikeIn248 is offline   Reply With Quote