Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Toddler boots
Thread: Toddler boots
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
That doesn't look like a snowboard boot to me, just a winter boot. You should get snowboad specific boots.
Could you provide a list of manufacturers who make snowboard boots in the size the original poster is asking about -- toddler 8/9?

I did some searching along these lines a few years back and found the same thing -- toddler 11 is the smallest I could find.

My kid, who's switching to snowboard this year, is 13C so it turned out to be a non-issue for us, but when I tried to buy from local shops I got the "size 2 is the smallest we carry" line (or the smallest that brand makes). Just stuff them with socks and you'll get 3-4 years out of the boots! (Think how much you're saving!) No. I want boots that fit better than that. I'd also go with non-snowboard boots that fit.

Kamik makes some nice sturdy winter boots for kids. They're a bit pricier than the ones you found, though. REI usually carries a couple models. (And sells them at half off in the spring. I bought several sizes ahead this spring on sale. That won't help you this year, but it might be helpful to know.)
Sooner or later your legs give way, you hit the ground.

Last edited by MikeIn248; 11-04-2012 at 10:17 AM.
MikeIn248 is offline   Reply With Quote