Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What do Reflex and Restricted mean for Burton bindings?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Originally Posted by readimag View Post
That is not not 100% true the Living Hinge is build into the disk along with removing material from the binding base giving you the reFlex binding. I think you are thinking of the Living Hinge for the hi-back that Burton uses on both EST and reFlex. The EST having the attaching points on the outside of the bindings means they have no base material and you can have more feel and lack of a better word collapse of the binding when you push down that reFlex also has just not as much. Now Burton released THE HINGE in some of its line this year or last year cant remember, that allows you to flex left and right or roll of your foot for better ollies. Hope this helps or maybe I totally lost everyone on this.
no, i meant the hinge, which increases flex left to right on some EST bindings, which is similar the reFlex tech, which is on non EST bindings. ReFlex discs have a ridge down the middle so they can flex with the board.
Lamps is offline  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome