Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ruroc helmets?
Thread: Ruroc helmets?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #32 (permalink)
marcdeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by horia.ancas View Post
This helmets look cool, I have to admin that.
But what worries me is what happens when you fall head first into powder ? If the snow block's the vents are you going to have a hard time breathing ?
I ask because this happened to me with my Giro Remedy, and the Remedy has more open area then this helmets.
If it's easy to release the face mask it's ok, but if not, it's dangerous.

What do you think ?

HAHAHAHA. Yes it's dangerous. You might suffocate to death on the hill struggling to breath with snow clogged vents on your face shield. If you fall head fist into powder, you cant breath while you're buried anyway - face shield or not.

A better design would be if they used a system that you could just unclip one side and let it hang - kind of like a fighter pilot can do when he takes his mask off. Quick release system on one side and it stays attached on the other and hangs. Great idea for easily release when all you want to do is scratch you're nose or take a puff while on the lift. I dont like that you have to remove the whole thing to remove your goggles. When I sweat I get itchy and I like to scratch...... lol

but the helmet has me intrigued

Last edited by marcdeo; 11-04-2012 at 10:49 AM.
marcdeo is offline   Reply With Quote