Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goggle w/ Best Visibility
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
Sassicaia
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
BAH! Can't say I've really ever seen much "ice glare" before I started using polarized goggles. And I used to ride icy Ontario! Not much ice where I ride these days...

I'm happy with my Rose Copper polarized lenses for bright light situations...

What brought me to this thread is I need some new low light goggles and haven't bought in a couple years. I'll probably be buying smith goggles so trying to decide between a couple lenses specifically for highlighting the snow on overcast days.

- Red Sensor Mirror
- Sensor Mirror
- Gold Sensor Mirror
- Gold Lite

To be honest the best low light goggles I've used were a pair of $30 blue blockers (orange lens) I bought about 7 years ago. I'd just like to find a pair of them again!
What you are picturing as "glare" is more a more a slight reflection that ice gives. If you look at ice in the day light it reflects light which helps you determine where ice is when bombing down the hill and adjust your speed and balance. Take that reflection away and you put yourself in a much more dangerous situation. Lenses are meant to improve/enhance your vision not take things away that are helpful to you.

Polarized is not meant for this sport.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote