Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Getting a FT job at Vail or Beaver Creek?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
spesh

Smile Getting a FT job at Vail or Beaver Creek?

Hey guys. So I recently moved (maybe only temporarily) to Avon from the East Coast and am currently looking for a full time job/seeing what the prospects are out here/chillin (I'm staying with someone who makes snow at the Beav so we've been exploring a bit.)

I got my BA about a year ago in marketing and regrettably have only sent out 2 applications since I got here in Oct (I'm kind of picky and also just been distracted .) Jobs were at Vail and BC--had phone interview with the Vail job and I thought they would follow up either way but have not yet. And I called that job hotline but they said it takes time (but still, it's past the time they said). I was thinking of going into HR but I have no idea where that is. Any help on that? And as for BC I only applied yesterday.

Anyone have any advice to me regarding getting a FT job around here? If it comes down to me working part time and/or a "skibum" kinda job just so that I can stay out here and ride, I'm going to have to go back East and work in NYC because I'm 25 and kind of ran out of time to goof off (completely, anyway .) But I'd love to see if I can make this work even if for just one season (I understand a job out here vs. NYC job market isn't comparable).

Looking for a job in marketing, administrative, guest services (no food service or retail)...full time and hourly >$12. Will this be more than 70% dependent on knowing someone/having an employee vouch for me since I have no history with Vail?

PM me if you want!
spesh is offline   Reply With Quote