Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Feet going numb from boots
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
This sounds weird but do you have large ankles??? If you are tightening the ankle area a lot to compensate for the looser feeling around your foot, you are cutting off the circulation to your foot causing reduced blood flow to your foot and the tingling feeling.

How thick/thin of a sock are you wearing to?? Was this the same thickness sock you used when you tried them on at the store???
Have average size ankles and no ankle problems. I tighten the cuff to hold my foot into the heel pocket (which is mainly done with the inner laces on 32's) and more importantly so that I get the toeside leverage/response. Love the 32 focus boas for the ease of adjustment and often ride with the lower boa barely snug but cinch the cuff down and also have the inner lace pretty tight and it hasn't reduced blood flow to my foot. In the past had 32 305 and another model? with laces and actually the laces imho work better for more tweakability for comfort than the boas but the boas are so damm adjustable on the fly. I will often pop loose the cuff boa for the chair and then if dropping a gnarly line will really tighten them up verses just cruising groomers the cuff will be just snug.