Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Oakley Airwave Goggle

5K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Hjscm 
#1 ·
Just came across these...

I believe I read they go on sale tomorrow, and I believe it said they will retail for $600.

I think a lot of the features are pretty cool, but was thinking about the possibility of the "buddy tracker" feature being used, obviously in conjunction with a beacon, to aid in backcountry rescue...

Thoughts?

#13 ·
As cool/helpful as the features might be, I really don't believe they're worth that much money. I mean for people who have more money than sense, I can understand why you'd give it a go but really, $600 to spend on a pair of goggles! It's nothing short of silly. I got my Oakley Scalpels from this place that does sports eye wear like Oakley sunglasses as well as commercial kinda stuff like Ray Bans etc. Take a look on there, you might be able find something that will also suit your needs but not break the bank so much. Thank you and enjoy!

#14 ·
That shit is pretty rad and fuckin expensive but where are going with this sport? Are we supposed to be fuking robots in the FUTURE and this fuckin future tech is gonna decide for us what to do where to go
No brahh, when I go shred the mtn I wanna stay away as much as I can from the tech, I have enough at home and work glued to the computer and shit that's why I go to the mtn

#16 ·
I dont see anything new here in the tech that we dont already have, but it simply making it easier to reference. Everyone on the hill already texts, listens to music, and can download free apps to track speed, distance etc etc. All this does it make it easier to reference of which I am big fan of the tech. The buddy finder is great although not needed for most, but as far as im concerned the more tech in safety the better.

I say bring it on. Soon it will be cheaper for everyone.

#25 ·
i don't know what will be next year but it will probably be just a software or firmware update. so the new snow 2 will be good to go. seems to be like every 2-3 years they update hardware. i started with the regular mod and now got the mod snow 2. i think the friend tracker will work if you have just a smartphone and no goggles, not positive yet haven't tried.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.