Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - All mountain/powder friendly board
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
Wangta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeagz View Post
I personally ruled it out b/c for purely aethetic reasons...I don't really love the look of the hempbrain topsheet they use. While look/feel may be the 6th/7th consideration on the list, I want to be stoked about whatever decision I make. I actually think the Ultra Dream is a sick looking board, but after doing more research I think the PYL is the more appropriate board for me. After reading some comments about sketchy edgehold on the UD, I just didn't feel like it was the board for me, b/c I find myself looking down over some stuff that I'd rather not slide over pretty often (think A-Z chutes in Big Sky)
LOL. To each their own, but I rarely give two shietz about how a board looks - I care more about performance and comfort with my style of riding.

Just curious but have you seen videos of Jake Blauvelt shredding up backcountry pow on his Ride Berzerker? It might make you change your mind about Ride boards in general (I'm guessing by your comments you're looking at "higher" end, premium boards....), with the Slackcountry being their top of the line powder board. Check out the vid below - so sick!

http://youtu.be/D-fNOKhGED8
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote