Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Aging accidental boarder needs board advice
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Noreaster

My suggestion is to forget Gnu, for now. While their boards are generally very good and draw stellar reviews I find that beginner women riders struggle a bit with Magne-Traction and find it hooky at speed. Gnu boards are also pretty wide and with your foot size you'll find them a bit harder to control. I would also stay away from anything rocker-shaped especially if groomers is what you have in mind. Stick with rocker/camber profile. It is stable, doesn't catch easily and gives you good pop to enjoy your rides. You also don't want anything super-flexible or super-stiff for all-mountain riding. A flex of 3.5-4 should do.

All this being said, I'd recommend a Burton Feelgood Flying V, Burton Lip-Stick or NS Lotus. I think you should stay in 145cm range but I wouldn't go lower than 145cm, because once you gain enough confidence (and speed) you'll find yourself washing out of turns with short board.

Hope this helps.
Noreaster is online now   Reply With Quote