Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here travel alone?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Wangta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
I travel and ride solo all the time, like I have said before if I waited for others I would never go anywhere.I am even doing 6 weeks in japan solo starting in january.

The trick is you have to be content with yourself, lots of people can only be happy if they are with other people which will stop them from doing hundreds of things in their lifetime, especially as they get older. If you are one of these people you will get homesick and probably end up crying for you mother in the middle of the night. The internet can keep you connected to others if you really cant stand it.

Travelling solo is also a great way to meet new people and try things you wouldnt normally, I highly recommend it and if you can handle it you open up your life to a whole new range of possibilities.
Agreed. Met some pretty cool people while on solo trips.

6 weeks in Japan? OMG. I'm sooo envious. How do you have that much time off??? I wish I could do that but my employer would kill me.
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote