Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - "Snowshoes" seen in Jeremy Jones Further
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default "Snowshoes" seen in Jeremy Jones Further--VERTS

So I've watched Jeremy Jones further about 10 times now and after a really unfun steep icy splitboard ascent up towards gods lawn-more last year with Snowvols I'm interested in the snowshoes I saw the Further Crew wearing for steep ascents.

Has anyone here used them?

Thanks!

EIDT....OK their called verts these seem to a look a little different but supposedly their the ones.

This is from Sarge over at Teton

"I helped design the Verts, they're made here in Utah by Pete Carney, an old college ski team buddy of mine (and no, I have no finacial interest in the company). They are designed primarily as a snow climbing tool. They work well in most conditions and often are faster than skins on slopes over 30 degrees, especially when you're spin laps. They also work great for scrambling on rocks and on hard neve snow (once Coombs had to put on crampons on a slope I was able to ascend in my Verts). I think they are worth having in your quiver of climbing devices. They work best on up to 18" of fresh on top of a supportable base."

Verts snowshoes

This sound like exactly what I want, something to deal with steep , icy switchbacks.

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 11-05-2012 at 08:17 AM.
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote