Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Goggle w/ Best Visibility
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #36 (permalink)
Trbo323

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiImBrian View Post
I feel like I keep hearing "Smith I/O" everywhere I go. Is this just the new fad, or are they really worth it?

Also, I've always found ebay to be the cheapest place to by goggles. Anybody have any comments on this?
I have some I/Os, they have been extremely good to me. I moved to them from a pair of bolle's nothing wrong with the bolle's but the smiths offer much more peripherals and fit to my helmet better. not to mention being able to change the lenses out so fast depending on conditions sure is nice. The only down side i have found to the I/Os is at least for me and the way my face is shaped, when i get hit with a cross wind the smiths do allow a little more air in through the goggle. Its not to the point of being a problem but it is noticeable

anyone tried the Dye goggles yet? I come from a paintball background where dye makes some of the best lenses in the game so I was rather excited to hear they were taking a stab at snow goggles. They seem expensive (which, truth be told is par for the course for Dye) but if they have taken what they have learned in paintball and applied it to snow goggles they should be a good pair of lenses
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote