Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

New bindings...

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jchaison 
#1 ·
Just posted in the "Boards" forum, but figured I'd drop in here as well.

I'm getting a new setup this season and, for the first time in my life, am able to get the gear I want and not compromise just to get a deal/sale. I started with basic beginner kit (Clickers!) in 2003, upgraded to a mishmashed kit on season end clearance (K2 Disciple w/ Atomic Crown Royal bindings and some Ride boots) in 2005 and am ready to roll into more gear.

I'm 5'9", 190 lbs and a size 9.5 boot. I get about 15-20 days a season in up in the Pacific Northwest (Washington state and Whistler/Blackcomb) with an annual trip somewhere else (Tahoe, Montana, Colorado, Utah). I'd consider myself on the Advanced side of Intermediat-Advanced. I pretty much stick to the groomers and hitting the trees...not interested in the park at all. Mostly carving.

I bought some Ride Insano boots and am looking at bindings/board now. For the board, I'm looking at:

-Gnu Rider's Choice 157.5
-LibTech TRS 159
-NS Heritage 158 or 160
-NS Proto CT 157 or 160

I'm looking for something that will give me the responsiveness and control to take the next step.

The Flow NX2-SE catches my eye but I am skeptical of the rear-entry system not providing adequate support/responsiveness. If I went traditional, I have ZERO knowledge of good brands, what would work for me, etc.

I figured I'd drop in here and seek opinions from those who have tried more stuff out and are not looking to sell me something.

Thanks for your time!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.