Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Lessons
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Cycle4Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsnowboarder View Post
Wow, just wow. I teach at a small resort in Colorado and that statement is pretty darn false. We have guests that actually come to us because the experience they had at large resorts was bad. Large class sizes, disenchanted instructors, busy hills, etc.
I took this to mean small resorts out East. Where resorts can actually be small. Our local hills in Ohio typically have a 250ft vertical where most of the snowboard instructors uncertified high school kids. I took two beginner lessons. One girl knew how to teach snowboarding. The other did not. The best instructors on the hill are the women ski instructors that teach the women's weekly group classes.

It comes down to this. Instruction is a must for a beginner to ensure proper form for later development. Your best bet at a good bang for your buck is knowing a local who can guide you to a good instructor, or calling the local ski shop who can guide you to an instructor. Then take a private lesson from that instructor for the fastest learning curve.

I think the private lesson gives you the best bang for your buck despite double/triple the price. Especially past the I can link skidded turns stage.
Cycle4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote