I work at Sierra and it's a super fun mountain, but KC is right they don't blow their own snow so they depend on mother nature to open. Luckily, the snow from the other week looks like it's still holding and there may be some more on the way. If we do get some weather I'd say there's a chance we could be open around thanksgiving. I think your best bet is to just stay flexible and see what the weather does. Otherwise I'd even recommend just saving your tickets until after Christmas, it'll be worth the wait!
This girl knows her shiz. It'll surely be worth the wait!
Traveling the States and Taking Pictures