Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some help with buying my new setup
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpowder View Post
about my riding style, i would say its close to yours, mostly freeriding, but i want to jump some in forest also, but its not like i want to spend half of day in the park, so we can say i need a freeride setup as well with a bit of freestyle. what would you suggest then? what you think about eq that i posted in first wall of text?
Okay so next rule: it's not written in stone but generally you want to match flex/response ratings. The board and boots you picked are both soft flexing (about a #3 on burtons scale) but the bindings are a 7 flex rating (much stiffer).

I like the Cartel bindings for your riding style, but I would probably pair them with a Honcho in the same price range, or the Sherlock or Custom. Although those prices seem high, can probably find them cheaper somewhere else.

For the boots, again they're softer so you probably want something stiffer. The Burton Ambush has a feel rating of 5 which is closer to the other parts of the system.

For that matter you could scale back on the bindings a bit and bring them down to a level 5 to match the rest of the setup.

Hope this helps!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote